Intermediate Care teams
Services can be provided in your own home or in a residential setting. The aim of the service is to help older people regain their independence by providing dedicated:
- Occupational therapy
- Social work
- Access to community nursing
Who is this service for?
This service is for people who have been admitted into hospital, but are medically stable to return home and the person has been identified as needing some short term rehabilitation.
Intermediate care can help people regain their independence after an illness or a short stay in hospital. This service is normally for a short period of time until a person can live safely and independently in their home environment.
How much does it cost?
The service is free and the support is usually expected to last between 1 and 2 weeks, up to a maximum of 6 weeks under certain circumstances.
Further information about Intermediate care
There is a dedicated hospital Social Work Team who, if appropriate, will be able to carry out an assessment when you are in hospital. You can ask the nursing staff to contact the team on your behalf.
How to get in touch
The Hospital Social Work Team is the first point of contact when you are in hospital.
Tel: 01706 924 533, 8.30am to 4.45pm Monday to Friday.
- Adult Care Services
- Getting an advocate to speak on my behalf
- Our Rochdale Service Directory, information on Adult Care Services for Rochdale Borough residents and their carers
- Paying for non-residential care
- Paying for residential care
- Request a Care and Support assessment or Carers assessment
- Will I have to pay for services?