STARS & STARS Plus services
STARS Plus is a short term rapid response service, offering hands-on care and practical support for you and your carer, when you're unwell - to help you avoid having to go into hospital.
The STARS service is for anyone over the age of 18 who lives in the Rochdale Borough and is a short-term service lasting for anything up to 6 weeks. We will review your progress within the first 2 weeks of your time with STARS to see if you will need ongoing care and support.
STARS is available for adults with:
- A learning disability
- Physical disability
- Mental health problem
The STARS service is free during the assessment period, but once it has been agreed you have ongoing care and support needs (normally at the 2 week review stage), you'll be referred for a financial assessment to determine any contribution you may have to pay towards the cost of your care and support.
- Adult Care Services
- Getting an advocate to speak on my behalf
- Our Rochdale service directory, information on adult care services for Rochdale Borough residents and their carers
- Paying for non-residential care
- Paying for residential care
- Request a Care and Support assessment or Carers assessment
- Will I have to pay for services?