Home Improvement Agency (HIA)
The HIA can provide a community alarm system known as Careline, anyone who lives in Rochdale Borough can request the Careline service direct from the HIA without the need of an assessment from adult care.
HIA contact details:
Tel: 01706 926 671
Careline is a chargeable service, to learn more about the Careline service and the charging structure please visit Our Rochdale service directory
- Occupational Therapists
- Social Workers
- Support Planners
- Care Navigators
- Health professionals
- Housing organisations.
The HIA can provide the following support or equipment for people who have been assessed by one of the above professionals as needing:
- Assistive Technology which is linked to the Careline service, for example door sensors, bed sensors and chair sensors
- Minor adaptation to your property, such as fitting a grab rail or a second bannister rail
- Major adaptation to your property, such as installing a stairlift or adapting your bathroom.
If the property you live in is owned by someone else, permission to carry out the work will need to be obtained.
If it has been identified during your assessment with the Occupational Therapist that a major adaption to your property is needed you will be able to apply for a Disabled Facilities Grants which will be discussed during the assessment.
- Adult Care Services
- Getting an advocate to speak on my behalf
- Our Rochdale Service Directory, information on Adult Care Services for Rochdale Borough residents and their carers
- Paying for non-residential care
- Paying for residential care
- Request a Care and Support assessment or Carers assessment
- Will I have to pay for services?